The Eagle Rock Italian Bakery opened in 1949 selling fresh bread to the local community. In 1961, Nicola (Nick) Cafarchia was hired, and he gradually added a selection of Italian specialty items, including cookies, pastries, Italian rum cake and the world famous cannoli. Nick purchased the bakery in 1969 and continued to expand the shop to include a deli and grocery, offering delectable Italian meats, cheeses, and the classic Italian combo sub sandwich.
The business thrived and soon outgrew its original location. In 1988, he, his wife Gemma, and his sons, Vito and Anthony, moved the shop down the street to its current location. Today, the bakery offers a large variety of authentic Italian items traditionally made using quality ingredients and recipes handed down over generations.